Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Birthday Bunting Tutorial

I made a birthday bunting for the golfer on his big day. It's made of paper and fabric. Stuff that I already had around the house. Here are some instructions on how to do it:


Step 1. Make a pattern for your scrapbook paper flags. Using this will assure that your flags are all the same size. Mine was about 8 inches long and 8 inches across the top.

Step 2: Find some bias tape that will be long enough to accommodate the letters you will be using.



Step 3: Cut flags out of scrapbook paper.



Step 4: Using a circle cutter, cut a center circle for each flag. I used all different colors for mine.





Step 5: Glue the circles on your flags.



Step 6: Peel backing off of self-stick chipboard letter. I had some around. I bought them a couple of years ago at Target.





Step 7: Center the chipboard letter on the circle


Step 8: Sew flags in between the 2 layers of the bias tape. Make sure to leave an inch or 2 of extra fabric at each end to hang the bunting with.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, that is SO cute! Just found you over at Whatever Goes Wednesday : ) My son's bday is coming up in August and I was thinking about doing a banner like this.

Your blog is so cute, I think I'm going to become a follower right NOW!

Hope you're having a wonderful week and so nice to "meet" you. Happy crafting!

Love,
Laura