Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Yep, it's that time again. . . Thrifty Thursday at Bloggeritaville and Thrift Store Thursday at Homebody Holly's blog. Here are the finds of the week.

Cute little blue knit dress for my 5-year-old daughter ($ 1.99)

I love the little flowers across the front. After all, every girl needs a little bling, even in Kindergarten.

Circo top in tip top shape for 12-month-old daugher ($1.00)


Mini muffin tin exactly like the one I already have. ($1.99) Yay. . . now it won't take me 2 hours to bake a batch of mini muffins. I'm such a nerd.


Empty grain sacks. . . oh yes, my friends. . . and they're not smelly, or moldy, or yucky in any way. I've got great plans for these. ($2.49)




Giant fork and spoon. LOVE THEM! I've had my eye out for these babies for a while now.
(.99 each)




And, last but not least, check out this sweet little girl that I picked up for only 50 cents! And you thought your neighborhood Goodwill was filled with treasures!

I'm joking, but the little gingham dress was originally a women's shirt ($1.99) that I refashioned into this sweet little dress using a tutorial taught by my pal Connie of Green Apple Orchard. She got the idea from her super creative relative, Dana of MADE. These gals are so amazing and so willing to share their great ideas!

This little pink one was my first attempt. . . the shirt generously donated by Connie herself. I love the belt made from the leftover sleeve cuffs.


Happy thrifty Thursday! xoxo



9 comments:

Jane said...

OK...my first comment is what an adorable little girl you have! And that transformation from a woman's shirt to that cute little dress was amazing. Great job. I also loved your other thrifty finds, especially the grain sacks...can't wait to see what you do with those.

Embellished Bayou said...

Wow, you got some great finds! Quite the deal on the grain sacks and fork & spoon. Can't wait to see what you do with the sacks....

Holly said...

Your daughter is adorable!
Love the grain sacks and the big utensils. My grandma used to have some similar in her kitchen.
Thanks for joining TST :)

Connie said...

The dresses turned out so cute! I'm also excited to see what you do with the grain sacks!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Kathleen, I was hoping to find a girl that cute on my shopping trip! So precious, as is that dress. How clever!
And what great photography! LOVE the feed sacks. Envious of those. What great thrifty treasures you have shared today! Thanks for linking up, my friend!
Hugs!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
lbratina.blogspot.com

Old Time Cindy said...

Hi Kayleen,
The grain sacks are a huge find especially when you can find them in such great condition. They can really add some texture to your decorating.
Thanks for sharing!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Ally's Corner said...

Love the Giant fork and spoon!!

Ally

dana said...

your dresses turned out so cute! I LOVE the big chunky belt. What a fun way to use the cuff!

TidyMom said...

WOW great finds, great pictures, a beautiful little girl! and a fantastic project!!

~TidyMom