Monday, August 24, 2009

Clipboards


Today I'm joining Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality for Today's Thrifty Treasures. I've had this photo hanging around in my file for quite a while now. The clipboards were purchased a while back for .50 each. I finally finished refinishing the old desk that I imagined them hanging above. Here's my attempt at a fabulous idea. I'm not sure I pulled it off, with their cute molding and smaller space, it seems to work better.

Here is their version from Martha Stewart.com.



And, here's mine. What do you think? I figure that with a few vertical items on each side of the desk, it will give the clipboards a better feel. I'm still looking for an old ladder and possibly a bookshelf.




9 comments:

a little bit vintage said...

Really cute! I saw something similar in a BHG mag. Great idea!

Rachel

Hollie said...

I love, love, love your colors! You're right though, it needs something more around it. Maybe a darker color even behind it??

Clint, Marianne and Sage said...

I had to come check out the pics as soon as you left this morning. LOVE the new office!!! Seriously wish I had your creativity!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Kayleen, so nice to meet you. I love your version, it looks great! I just think you need a few more things around that space & see if you can find a neat desk lamp like theirs too. Great look! Thanks for joining the party.

Wendy said...

I think they look great!

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

So cute, so simple and so CHIC!! I lovelovelovvvve you blog header too!!

Shauna said...

Very cute idea! It looks great.

TRICIA @boutellefamilyzoo said...

Seriously, I'm so behind! The desk is fantastic, btw. The clipboards though are fantastic! This is absolutely just off the top of my head, btw because I LOVE the clipboards as is, but if you framed them out with a small molding, they would really stand out!
I'm totally gonna copy this idea, too. ;)

XO*Tricia

Joanne Brown said...

Wow! The clipboards are lovely! The whole desk area is gorgeous!! LOVE the colours!! Way to go :) joanne xx